What can architecture say about the time it was built?
We walk through parts of Tollbugata and on to Drammens Museum to get better acquainted with the city's history. Several of the buildings are from the 17th and 19th centuries and the owners were often the city's rich merchants and merchants. How can we see it on the houses? What do they say about the owner's position and wealth? Can we see differences between facade and back? We get to know some important characteristics of the styles in which several of the buildings in Tollbugata are built.
After the city walk, the students get to play at the museum, where the questions are taken from the communication. The class brings the game to school.
Primary school, 5th grade
Maria Ianke. 48 95 75 43
Change of day and time must go through the contact person at Drammens Museum. Orientation meeting for teachers is based on well-known programs.
- For whom: 5th grade Drammen and Frydenhaug school
- Duration: 1 h. 40 min.
- Method: dialogue, collaboration, games in the workshop.
- What: City walk in Tollbugata to Marienlyst and Drammens Museum followed by games in the workshop.
- Bus: Brandtsgård buss AS, 934 98 678, email@example.com Bus is booked by the museum. The bus arrives and picks up the students at the school approx. 20 minutes before the scheduled time, this may vary. The bus will drop you off at the intersection Neumannsgate - Tollbugata, where the hike begins. Danvik and Brandengen do not get a bus due to the short distance. You meet up at the intersection Neumanngate - Tollbodgata.
The museum educator meets you at the intersection Neumannsgate - Tollbugata. You do not need to bring bags. The museum is responsible for all material.
Wear clothes according to the weather! The walk with conversation takes approx. 45 min.
After playing at the museum, the students are picked up by the bus at Drammens Museum, Marienlyst.
Anchoring in the Curriculum
- The goal is for the students to become better acquainted with the city's history and what the architecture can tell about the time and the people who lived then.
After 7th grade in social studies, one of the goals of the education is for the student to be able to: "explore how people in the past made a living, and talk about how key changes in livelihoods and technology have affected and affect demographics, living conditions and living patterns."
Before the museum visit
- Make a drawing of e.g. the front door or school gate, without looking at it in advance. Afterwards, students can go out and see what it actually looks like. This is to make the students aware of what the architecture around them looks like. Alternatively, they can make a "correct" detail drawing of the same motif afterwards.
- Talk about the architecture / buildings in the school's local environment.
After the museum visit
- Watch the film «Urban history walk from Strømsø to Bragernes with a focus on history, architecture and styles». The film is on DVD "Aesthetics in Public Space-Urban History Walking", produced by Drammen municipality and DKS.
- Color drawing of Cappelengården (1767), which you saw in Tollbugata during the walk. Pay attention to the details around the windows and door. Feel free to draw something in the windows. You can also paste people, flowers, etc. that you have cut out of a leaf. Then you get a collage. The drawing of Cappelengården is located here and can be printed out and enlarged. cappelengården sketch_large
Material: A3 sheet, pencil, colors, sheet, glue
- Use an arts and crafts lesson to create and color the game you were given at the museum. You must have pieces and dice yourself. Print out ArkitekTur questions here: Questions for ArkitekTurspillet
The cultural schoolbag Drammens Museum autumn 2021
Roadmap Architecture 5th grade Drammen and Frydenhaug school Drammen
Maria Ianke. 48 95 75 46
Scheduled time applies to arrival at the intersection Neumannsgate / Tollbodgata and departure Drammens Museum
The bus picks up the students approx. 20 min before the program starts.
-Last updated 26.05.21 HSJ
Thurs 19 Aug.
0900 - 1040 Bragernes (19)
1130 - 1310 Bragernes (20)
Mon Aug 23
0900 - 1040 Rødskog (21)
1130 - 1310 Aronsløkka (18)
Tue 24. aug.
0900 - 1040 Aronsløkka (20)
1130 - 1310 Aronsløkka (23)
Wed 25 Aug.
0900 - 1040 Konnerud (24)
1030 - 1210 Konnerud (27)
1150 - 1330 Konnerud (26)
Thurs 26 Aug.
0900 - 1040 Åssiden (29)
1130 - 1310 Åssiden (28)
Mon Aug 30
0900 - 1040 Forests (23)
1130 - 1310 Hallermoen (20)
Tue 31. aug.
0900 - 1040 Hallermoen (20)
1130 - 1310 Hallermoen (20)
Ons 01. sept.
0900 - 1040 Åskollen (25)
1030 - 1210 Åskollen (22)
1150 - 1330 Åskollen (24)
Tors 02. sept.
0900 - 1040 Montessori 4-6 steps (28)
1130 – 1310
Mon 06. sept.
0900 - 1040 Gulskogen (24)
1130 - 1310 Gulskogen (25)
Tue 07. sept.
0900 - 1040 Danvik (22) NOT BUS
1130 - 1310 Danvik (22) NOT BUS
We. 08. sept.
0900 - 1040 Mountains (21)
1030 - 1210 Mountains (21)
1150 - 1330 Mountains (21)
Tors 09. sept.
0900 - 1040 Mountains, welcome class
1130 - 1310 Brandengen (23) NOT BUS
Mon Sept. 13
0900 - 1040 Brandengen (22) NOT BUS
1030 - 1210 Brandengen (22) NOT BUS
Tue 14 Sept.
0900 - 1040 Vestbygda (17)
1130 - 1310 Vestbygda (18)
Ons 15. sept.
0900 - 1040 Øren (25)
1030 - 1210 Øren (29)
1150 - 1330 Øren (24)
Tors 16. sept.
1130 – 1310
Weeks 33 - 37