Receptionist - booking, events and hosting, in position 80%
Drammen's Museum of Art and Cultural History is a foundation that consists of the Museum at Marienlyst with the Lychepaviljon, the Museum Building, the Japanese Garden, park facilities, Hallingtunet and the Marienlyst amusement park; the pleasure garden complex Gulskogen gård and Sjøboden with an exhibition about the Drammen river; the pleasure farm Austad gård; and the Open Air Museum at Bragernesåsen. The museum's collections include both art and cultural-historical objects.
The museum is open every day at Marienlyst and offers a comprehensive educational program for schools in Drammen. The museum has collection presentations of art, design, art industry, folk art and handicrafts, as well as changing exhibitions of art and cultural history. The museum has family events, cultural evenings, exhibition openings, children's art club, event days organized by the friends' associations and summer activities for tourists, and more.
We are hiring reception staff - booking, events and hosting, in 80% position.
We are looking for a service-oriented, cooperative and outgoing person with experience in public service and customer care who is interested in developing income opportunities for the museum. The receptionist will be an important part of the team at the museum, and be given responsibility for creating good, informative and friendly meetings for visitors.
The reception function is served in rotation by two positions, one of which is Receptionist. There will be close collaboration with the Project Coordinator - audience experiences, digital solutions and reception, who make up the other position.
The position, in 80% in a rotation that includes daytime and evening hours and fixed weekend shifts, has a workplace in the Museum building at Marienlyst throughout the year and at Gulskogen during the summer season.
- Operational responsibility for public reception, including switchboard, reception and ticket sales
- Responsibility for accommodating the public and providing general information about exhibitions, current events and communication offers and practical facilities at the museum's arenas.
- Responsibility for booking for events and tours, rental of premises and customer follow-up related to this
- Responsibility for the development of sales points and sales service - year-round operation, summer operation and sales at the museum's events
- Responsibility for follow-up of cooperation with the tourism industry and tourism players
- Operational assistance at events under the museum's auspices in collaboration with the event coordinator
- Responsibility for follow-up of museum hosts, Sjøboden and Hallingtunet etc., and their training
- Operational responsibility for operating the open main house at Gulskogen during the summer season
Requirements for the applicant
- Enjoy working in an outgoing manner and find it easy to get in touch with people and be able to handle unforeseen situations
- Enjoys providing good customer service and focusing on achieving good sales
- Relevant experience in public contact, sales and service
- Relevant experience with digital tools within booking, sales, online store
- Ability to plan and coordinate a good working day and follow up with the public and colleagues in an efficient and solution-oriented way
- Has good communication skills
- Good Norwegian and English skills, oral and written
Application deadline by 16 November 2022, at 16.