We are looking for museum hosts who are interested in culture - permanent on-call substitutes
We have a lot of activity and increasing attendance at Drammens Museum and are looking for an accommodating, knowledgeable and flexible museum host who can give our guests good experiences.
You must be over 18, have an interest in art and culture and enjoy varied tasks. Experience from a museum is an advantage, but not a requirement.
As a museum host, you cover shifts as needed, and are assigned shifts according to the established shift schedule where we need substitutes: weekdays (primarily Wednesdays) and weekends. There will also be a need for on-call guards at short notice. More shifts during the holiday period must be expected.
As a museum host, you will be the first to meet the public. Duties will be customer handling, operation of the reception and foyer, guarding of exhibition halls and other relevant duties as required.
We are looking for you as:
- Has completed studies/has work experience in relevant art, culture or history subjects.
- Is service oriented, self-motivated and flexible.
- Speaks and writes fluent Norwegian and English, preferably several languages.
- Is up-to-date on the art and cultural offer in Drammen.
- Meets on time and looks around you to see what can be cleaned or improved.
- Seeks eye contact with the audience and understands the balance of good service adapted to the visitors' needs.
- Opening and closing of exhibitions and the museum in general
- Inform and guide the public in an adapted and pleasant way
– Ticket sales and checkout
- Security and security
- Operate switchboard
- Serving during events if necessary
- Keep the premises and the museum's immediate environment tidy and presentable
- Rig and clean for events and rentals in collaboration with other employees.
- Other tasks as required
Current candidates will be called for an interview. Two references are given in the application. Great importance is attached to personal characteristics and motivation for the position. If you have previously sent us an application, we encourage you to apply again.
Application deadline: 28/09/2023